In our daily life, if you carefully observe the connecting parts-screws on mechanical equipment, you will find that much mechanical equipment uses hexagon socket screws. What are the advantages of hexagon socket screws for the connection of mechanical equipment?
The outer edge of the screw head of the hexagon socket screw is round, and the middle is a recessed hexagon. In fact, this structure has obvious advantages.
1. It can withstand a greater load. It has six stress-bearing surfaces, which are more able to handle screwing than slotted screws and cross-shaped screws with only two surfaces.
Note: The material of hexagon socket bolts is generally made of stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, and there is basically no difference in the material of other styles of screws. The higher the performance level, the greater the strength is. When choosing screws, you must choose strictly according to the requirements. The screws with suitable performance grades have different grades and different prices.
2. It can be dealt with. The whole nut sinks into the workpiece, which can keep the surface of the workpiece smooth and beautiful.
3. Easy to install. Compared with the outer hexagonal screw, the inner hexagon is suitable for more assembly occasions, especially the narrow ones. Therefore, it is very convenient for assembly and maintenance, and it is also convenient for debugging.
4. It is not easy to disassemble. The tools we usually use are adjustable wrenches, screwdrivers, and open wrenches, and special wrenches must be used to remove the hexagon socket bolts. Therefore, it is not easy for ordinary people to disassemble, which is also a benefit.
Hexagon socket screws are similar to countersunk head screws. The nail heads are embedded in the machine parts and the connection strength is greater. However, the screws must be assembled and disassembled with the corresponding specifications socket wrench. Generally used on various machine tools and their accessories. According to the requirements of use, there are the following points in performance:
1. The nominal tensile strength of the screw material reaches 400MPa;
2. The yield strength ratio of the screw material is 0.6; the nominal yield strength of the screw material is 400×0.6=240MPa. Performance grade 10.9 high-strength screws, the material of which can reach:
a. The nominal tensile strength of the screw material reaches 1000MPa;
b. The yield strength ratio of the screw material is 0.9; the nominal yield strength of the screw material reaches 1000×0.9=900MPa level.
The meaning of the performance level of the hexagon socket screw is an international standard. The performance of the screw of the same performance level is the same regardless of the difference in material and origin. Only the performance level can be selected in the design.